Fantastic Origami Flying Creatures-24 Amazing Paper Models
Charles Tuttle Co.
114 pag. hardcover 23 x 29 cm
Japanese origami expert Hisao Fukui shows you how to create incredibly realistic paper birds and flying insects, a winged dinosaur and even an undulating Chinese dragon!
The easy-to-follow folding instructions and photos in this book present 24 challenging and amazingly lifelike models--from intermediate to complex in terms of their level of difficulty.
The 24 unique models in this book include:
- The Swan--The multilayered wings and body give this familiar model a major three-dimensional upgrade
- The Crane--Far from traditional, this crane rests on its built-in platform, and has an optional open wing configuration that can double as a fancy box
- Peacocks--One with tail feathers stowed neatly behind, and another with its tail fan proudly displayed
- The Swallow--Its distinctive bifurcated tail is on display in a kinetic diving pose
- The Crested Kingfisher--The artfully modeled eye of this hunter appears to be on the lookout for its next meal
- Stink Bug--there's nothing foul about this instantly recognizable shield-shaped insect model
- Beetles--A Horned Beetle with unfurled wings and a Rhinoceros Beetle with an intimidating spiky head
- Flying Chinese Dragon--Segmented and supple, this ancient symbol of power and good fortune is poised to pounce
- The Dragonfly--This incredibly detailed form is the most challenging model here, but the spectacular results are well worth the effort
- And many more!