Colloquial Japanese-The Complete Beginner's Course (2nd Edition Incl. 2 CDs & Cassette-tapes)
Motoko Hamamura/H.D.B. Clarke
386 pag. paperback 14 x 22 cm 2003
Colloquial Japanese provides a step-by-step course in Japanese as it is written and spoken today. Combining a user-friendly approach with a thorough treatment of the language, it equips learners with the essential skills needed to communicate confidently and effectively in Japanese in a broad range of situations. No prior knowledge of the language is required.
Key features include:
• progressive coverage of speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
• structured, jargon-free explanations of grammar
• an extensive range of focused and stimulating exercises
• realistic and entertaining dialogues covering a broad variety of scenarios
• useful vocabulary lists throughout the text
• additional resources available at the back of the book, including a full answer key, a grammar summary and bilingual glossaries
Balanced, comprehensive and rewarding, Colloquial Japanese will be an indispensable resource both for independent learners and students taking courses in Japanese.